I put this fall pumpkin arrangement together using floral leaf and berry picks from the Dollar Tree. The pumpkin is from last year, and if I remember correctly it came from Wal-Mart.
Here's a close up of the topiary.
Here is my stash of leaves that I purchased at the Dollar Tree. I also bought some bunches of berries that I forgot to put in the pic. I love the darker leaves so much, I really wish I had bought more of them. I went back to get a few more, but they were sold out. That's one thing about the Dollar Store....if you see something you like, you better grab it while you can.
I placed three styrofoam floral blocks in the center of the planter, and added one circular one at the top to keep the pumpkin level.
I layered the outside with the leaves and then added the berries to the middle of the planter.
I have never been extremely fond of the finish on this pumpkin, so I painted it with one of my all-time favorite colors.
I used Martha Stewart Metallic Paint in Cast Bronze. It took about three coats of this paint to get it completely covered. To give it a little bit of contrast, I let the orange show through in a few places on the pumpkin.
***Update to this post***
I just have to throw in my two cents worth on my choice of paint!! This would be the week I feature a Martha Stewart paint project with her unkind comments regarding bloggers! Although this is one of my favorite paint colors, I will not be buying this brand again!! My fellow bloggers are some of the most amazing and creative people I know, and I love you all!!!!!!!
I love this little mini pumpkin that I painted in the same color last year. I use this pumpkin in one of my cupcake stands in my kitchen. The color stands out so much that I wanted to use it on a large pumpkin.
Once the pumpkin was dry and ready to go, I pushed a long, sturdy piece of floral wire into the bottom of the pumpkin. Then I just pushed it down into the foam, and secured it with the wire.
I have a bag full of glittery foam letters that I bought at Wal-Mart awhile back. I added "fall" using those letters. Times like these are when a Cameo would sure come in very handy!! Sigh...Maybe one of these days!
Next, I added the burlap bow which I attached with a floral pin! I can't help it, I am just a bow fanatic! Plus, it also covered up the stem on the pumpkin.
I used glue dots to attach the leaves at the top of the pumpkin. To finish it off, I stuck a few acorns and pine cones throughout the leaves. All done! A super easy and cheap project.
If you missed the planter makeover, you can check out that post here. The photo below shows the dramatic difference with what a little paint can do!
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit! I am always so thrilled to hear from you. Your comments and visits make my day. Have a wonderful week!