Mr. Ed loves nothing better than to start a new project. He is always so much help as you can see!
I am still working on getting the perfect setting on my new camera. One of my top priorities for my summer vacation which starts in less than two weeks!! I wanted some of the brown to show through the paint, so I poured a small amount of paint on a piece of wax paper. I mixed Annie Sloan clear wax with the paint and very sparingly brushed it on. I only added one coat, and let it dry overnight.
Here is the bottom of the seat after I recovered it. It was a pain to pull all of those buttons out. I didn't want to damage them in case I decide to use them later on the bench.
Here is a close up of the legs after I gave them a light coat of paint. I didn't want too much red with the busy fabric.
The hardest part of using the chevron print was to make sure I had it perfectly straight. The corners are not perfect, but that's the best I could do without pulling out the needle and thread.