Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. In my last post, I gave you a glimpse of my sunflower topiary! I wanted to share with you how I gave a new look to an outdated topiary. This one belonged to my grandmother, and I have had it sitting my closet since March.
This was a super easy project that you can use to give a new look to a floral display you already have. You can also buy the topiary forms to easily create one. Here is what it looked like before I removed all the flowers and greenery.
Last fall, I was at Cracker Barrel, and found these little sunflower bundles on clearance for $3.00 each. So of course, I had to buy all they had left. I'm so glad that I did. I have used these flowers in so much in my fall decor. When you see a great deal, you better grab it. :)
This one already has a few flowers missing. After removing all the flowers, I painted the stem and the base in Martha Stewart's Cast Bronze.
I love this color. I have used it so much. It has a beautiful finish.
Here is a top view of the topiary.
I couldn't believe that the sunflowers actually fit perfect on the topiary stems, which made this a super easy project! Instead of adding more flowers to the base, I just used fall leaves, and added one sunflower. I also tied some raffia to the top and stuck a few leaves and berries in the stem.
Here it is in the corner of my kitchen.
It added lots of color to that little corner spot.
I also used one of the sunflowers in my mini cupcake stand that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I can't seem to pass those things up. I love them. They are so fun to decorate with.
I attached floral wire so it would stand up.
It fits perfectly and really stands out inside the glass.
Have a great weekend! Thanks so much for visiting, sweet friends. I am so thankful for you!