The above picture is the completed project, but as usual, I always tend to do projects the long way! Let me walk you through my mistakes so you can avoid them. :)
I love that color, and yes, it is the same color I painted my bar stools!!
Next, I added fringe by using my old faithful glue gun. I was loving the look the fringe gave the stool, but was not loving the look of the covered seat.
You can tell from this picture below it needed some extra padding in the worst way!
Screwdriver in hand, I pried out all those staples, and started all over with the seat cushion. I have been using an old comforter my daughter no longer wanted for some projects in her room. I will share some of those projects soon! I cut the trim off the comforter and stapled it around the edge of the seat. It was the perfect size that I needed to fill in around the cushion. I left the actual seat in the chair while stapling the trim, so the seat would still fit probably on the stool.
Then I added several layers of filling from the comforter. That old comforter has really come in handy, and at least I'm still getting my money's worth out of it!
Next, I added some filler from the comforter. I cut out about 4 squares and placed them on top.
After getting the fullness I wanted, once again I stapled the fabric to the seat.
Here is the stool with its second makeover! I love the way it turned out. Adding that extra filler made a huge difference in the entire look of the stool.